HEINRICH STEINMEYER LEGACY FUND – GRANTS TO COMRIE ORGANISATIONS
AIMS, ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AND APPLICATIONS
Heinrich Steinmeyer left his legacy to benefit older people in Comrie
The elected Legacy Committee wants to make reasonable funding decisions to finance projects, which are feasible and affordable within the amount available, and in line with the 2017 community survey and the votes on proposals.
The Committee has decided to focus on the top 10 single and combined developments supported in the community vote. One of these top 10 choices was that grants should be available to organisations for older people in the village.
The Committee has also agreed the criteria to guide decisions about grant applications by Comrie organisations. In order to be approved by the Legacy Committee, information requires to be set out on the Committee’s Application Form about how these conditions will be met.
Projects and developments will require to:
- involve older people in their planning
- deliver benefit to local older people;
- be open, available and accessible to all older people in Comrie; and
- be sustainable and available to future generations of older people.
The decision of the Legacy Committee is that funding can be considered for:
- capital payments to be spent on property, refurbishment, furniture and equipment; and
- revenue payments, restricted to start-up costs and time-limited staffing costs;
The Committee has decided that the legacy should not be used for:
- payments to individuals, or families;
- one off events, festivals and conferences or holidays;
- grants to organisations and charities for any work or purpose outside the Comrie area;
- work or purchases that have already taken place;
- benefits and services provided as a legal duty by a public body; NHS or Social Work services or equipment;
- revenue payments to organisations with more than 12 months operating costs in their reserves.
Application Forms are now available from Comrie Post Office and The White Church entrance area.
Forms can also be provided on request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information, please email: email@example.com;
or ‘phone Legacy Committee members:
Gillian Brock – 01764 679838;
Joyce Carnegie – 07771 741983
Ken Heiser – 01764 670545
Lynne Douglas – 01764 679707
Completed forms should be returned to:
Heinrich Steinmeyer Legacy Committee, c/o The White Church Community Centre Office
or can be passed to any member of the Committee.
STEINMEYER LEGACY APPLICATION FORM
The policy being followed by the Legacy Committee is to fund proposals, which will bring additional benefit to older people in Comrie. Applications should detail how funding will provide new or improved resources, new activities or services, rather than simply maintaining what currently exists. Information should also show how developments will be sustained over a period of years or decades, including reference to projected organisational income. Funding will be given to proposals, which will provide benefit over many years, rather than one off events or short-term activities. Applicants should complete questions relevant to them.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org; for further information or assistance with the Application Form.
Name of Organisation/Group:
Name of Project and/or Development:
|Tel. Landline: Mobile:||Email Address:|
|Tel. Landline: Mobile:||Email Address:|
|Grant amount requested from the Steinmeyer Legacy Fund?||£|
- What is the proposed use of legacy funding?
- How will older people benefit from this use of the funding?
- Why is legacy funding needed for this project?
- What activities/services does the group provide for older people?
Project Information – please provide brief notes under each of the following headings:
- How will the project be managed and maintained?
- What volunteers will be required, and how will this be organised?
- Over what period of years/decades will the funding be of benefit?
- What is the estimated first legacy fund payment date, and the final date if more than one payment?
- Provide any additional information, not already covered, in support of your application.
- Please complete the financial tables on the final page of the application.
Form completed by:
Signature: ………………………………………………… Date: …………………………….
Please note that further information may be requested, especially for substantial grants.
|For completion following Legacy Committee decision:|
|Date of Legacy Committee consideration:|
|Legacy Committee decision:|
|Grant amount, if approved:|
|Date for first payment:|
|Signature of Legacy Committee Secretary|
STEINMEYER LEGACY FUND APPLICATIONS – FINANCIAL INFORMATION
Please complete the table below, with additional rows as required, or, if more convenient, provide the equivalent information in the form of existing project proposals and annual organisational accounts.
Project Capital and Set-up Costs from Legacy Funding
|Expenditure item||Description||Cost (inc. VAT)|
Project Capital and Set-up Costs from other Income/Grant Sources
|Expenditure item||Description||Cost (inc. VAT)||Funding Source|
Project Running Costs, incl. maintenance, repairs, replacement, others with planned income sources
|Expenditure item||Description||Cost (inc. VAT)||Income Source|