Our board consists of up to 12 voluntary positions elected by the membership with up to three co-opted positions to attract particular skills on to our board. Each of the voluntary board members assumes a responsibility on a working group or for a particular area of work (e.g. finance, communication, governance etc). Our board has an excellent range of ages, backgrounds, skills, expertise and local knowledge.
Helen Buchan (Chairman)
- Chris Palmer has been on the CDT Board since the Trust was established in 2007.
- Chris is a landscape architect, working in the village. His focus of interests have been on the Cultybraggan Camp Working Group, Woodland Working Group and Renewables and Resources Working Group.
- Volunteer work has included preparation of Planning Applications for change of use of huts and land at the Camp, updating Strategy plans, setting up plans for the allotments and plot sales in the Commercial Quadrant, Phase 1 plans for the Sports Quadrant, helping with the habitat survey and community woodland proposals for the CDT hill land, regular volunteering on the Sunday Orchard Group work days and volunteer grass cutting. Chris has also been a point of Contact between Forest Enterprise Tayside and the Community to facilitate discussions on the 10 year plan for Laggan Wood.
- David has been in the construction industry for 40 years. David is Vice Chair of Comrie Community Council, a Member of Comrie Flambeaux Committee and President of Strathyre Gun Club.
- David has lived in Comrie all of his life and is actively involved in the community. David is on the Sports and Recreation Working Group.
- Blair worked many years as a freelance photojournalist in the Highlands and Islands of Scotland, starting at the “Highland News” in 1973. Briefly worked in Film and Documentary as a director and taught film making at Heriot Watt University.
- More recently developed interests in software engineering and ecommerce, opening a dot com business in the export of Tartan goods in the former Tartan Museum in Comrie. Now semi-retired, and busier than ever, in drama, film and leisure photography.
- Blair chaired the Free Huts project through development, and it is now fully operational under the title, the “Repair and Lease Scheme” in the care of the Site Management Group. He also takes a role in Communications, Renewables and Events including “Apple Day”. He currently runs the Grass Cutting Rota’
Our staff :
Andy Heming is our Finance Officer – email@example.com
Jock McInnes is our Heritage and Events Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Andy Warden is our Project Manager: email@example.com
Lynn Manderson is our Office Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org